Research topics & approach
Dedicated focus studies in the TILA Research Report analyse intercultural communication and learning in relation to telecollaboration in 'tandem' and 'lingua franca' constellations.
Special attention is given to
- task design and blended learning integration,
- teacher and learner perspectives on telecollaboration for intercultural communication and development,
- linguistic self-efficacy and language anxiety in telecollaboration,
- negotiation of meaning in intercultural communication,
- teacher roles in telecollaboration.
The overall methodological approach is influenced by ‘grounded theory’ with a preference for case study designs. The analyses generally triangulate qualitative and quantitative methods based on
- participant observation
- performance data
Research studies typically follow a cycle from study design to data collection and analysis to evaluation and synthesis of results.
Also see RESEARCH OUTCOMES